Special Issue on “Targeted cancer therapy”
|Dr. Elisa Giovannetti|
|Lab Medical Oncology, VU University Medical Center (VUmc), Cancer Center Amsterdam, the Netherlands.|
Cancer Pharmacology Lab, AIRC Start-Up Unit, University of Pisa, Italy.
|Email : email@example.com|
|Dr. Jose Antonio Rodriguez|
|Department of Genetics, Physical Anthropology and Animal Physiology (School of Medicine and Nursing) of the|
University of the Basque Country (UPV/EHU), Basque Country, Spain.
|Email : firstname.lastname@example.org|
Cancer Drug Resistance will publish in 2018 a special issue on “Targeted cancer therapy”. This issue, which is planned for the second half of the year, will be guest edited by Dr. Elisa Giovannetti (VU University Medical Center in The Netherlands, and University of Pisa in Italy), and Dr. Jose Antonio Rodriguez (University of the Basque Country in Spain).
Targeted therapies in cancer aim to specifically block the activity of crucial proteins or signaling pathways necessary for the growth and/or survival of tumor cells. A major breakthrough in targeted cancer therapy was the introduction nearly two decades ago of imatinib, an inhibitor of the BCR-ABL tyrosine kinase for the treatment of chronic myeloid leukemia. Over the last years, significant advances in our understanding of tumor biology have facilitated the development of many drugs targeting not only kinases, but also other protein families and cellular processes. Several of these agents are currently employed or being implemented for the treatment of different hematologic and solid malignancies, such as lung cancer.
The special issue on “Targeted cancer therapy” will include Reviews and Commentaries updating the clinical use of targeted agents in the treatment of different tumor types, and the mechanisms that underlie the action of drugs directed to different types of targets. The special issue will also include Research articles presenting novel outstanding data on all aspects of targeted cancer therapy. All submissions will undergo rigorous peer revision and will be published free of charge upon acceptance.
Why submit to us:
• Rigorous mechanism in peer review: one manuscript must be reviewed by at least two relevant experts. We will endeavour to ensure high standards for the review process and subsequent publication by a team of efficient and professional reviewers and scientific editors.
• No publication fee: there would be absolutely no charge for publication.
• Rapid publication: we will do our best to ensure that accepted papers will be published rapidly with a high quality.
• Open Access: As an author you will retain the copyright to your work. By licensing your work under the Creative Commons Attribution License, articles can be re-used and re-distributed without restriction, as long as the original work is correctly cited.
• Wide promotions: Published articles will be promoted at academic conferences, through social networks for scientists and relevant indexing services.